Thursday, August 18

Heather and Dave finish their thru-hike!






So, my friends Heather Henningsen and Dave Manz from UMaine had been doing a northbound thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. Heather is a geology major, so I knew her from class. Dave I only know through her, and from talking about the AT. I actually gave a presentation on my thru-hike for them before they took off this March. They summitted Katahdin on August 11th. They hiked almost the whole way (from what I gathered) with a guy named "Snowdog". Some of you might remember my trail name was "Corndog". Anywho, here's a few pictures from Snowdog's online journal at www.trailjournals.com . It's amazing how much technology has changed since I did it, only 5 years ago... digital cameras, online journals...
Enjoy... By the looks of them (and my rusty memory) these pictures are from Vermont north...
First picture is Franconia Ridge, NH (Mt. Lafayette)
Second is Snowdog (left), Heather, and Dave (right) enjoying some "trail magic"
Third is the same three on Mt. Washington, NH
Fourth is some vista in Vermont probably
Fifth is some pretty lake, probably NH
Congratulations you two (if you happen to come across this site). I want to do the AT again so bad... Kristen and I are planning to save up and do it when we're out of school. Sigh...

No comments: