Tuesday, December 21

Mandles

Chrissy is one of those women who likes to have scented candles in strategic places around the house.  The smell is usually pleasant in moderation, but we both always comment on how we love the smell of wood smoke, and someone should make a candle that smells like that.  We were returning from a shopping trip to Burlington on Sunday, and I got to thinking more about it, some additional scents that you could do, and even a perfect name for it - Mandles, Candles for Men.  It would obviously be a sort of gimmick, but heck, people will buy all sorts of ridiculous stuff, and that actually sounded kinda cool.  Anywho, before investing my life savings ($0.00) into a candle making factory, I looked around to see if something like this existed.  Lo and behold, they do!  And they even have the same name I had in mind!  Argh!  There goes my chance to be a billionaire...
Anywho, they still sound kinda neat, and I might get one just to see if it's a total novelty, or something you'd actually want to light when company is around...
Mandles - Candles for Men
Some of the scents Chrissy and I thought of were wood smoke (#5 on their list), bacon (#4, "camp breakfast"), dirt (#7), Urinal cakes ("Space Cake") and a few others.  Some of the more repulsive sounding ones they've got are:  "Kegger", "Stogie", and others.  There are some baffling ones in there too, like: "Slab" (cement?), "Cruise Ship Deck" (sun tan lotion?), "Jim, Jack, & Johnny" (whiskey I assume), and "Wild West".
Anywho, back to the drawing board.

No comments: