Thursday, May 17

New adventures...

Well, tomorrow after one last lunch with Mylroie and the crew, I'll be leaving Mississippi. Moving is always a bit bittersweet. I'm excited to be moving back to Maine, but I'm actually going to miss Mississippi. This time down here has been a lot of fun overall. Sure, things are completely different now than when I moved here, but that's ok. I get all sentimental about those sorts of things, but I'll just keep it to myself.
I managed to get everything in my car. Well, I decided to ship a box of cool weather clothes up to Maine, but it turns out I could have fit it in. It'll be nice to see out the back window this time though. I do have 3.5 bikes hanging off the back though, so I can't see much anyway. A couple things on the roof that don't mind getting wet as well. Zephyr will be riding in the front seat with me. When I drove up to Kentucky (in December?), she rode up there with me and did just fine.
As you all know, the plan is to drive to Ford's place in Georgetown. Spend Saturday down on his land doing some work, drive back to Georgetown that night. Then, I'm going to try to make it all the way to Worcester (14.5 hours!) in one go. Kristen thinks I'm a wimp if I can't do it. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can crash at her place for the night and not have to get a hotel room. True, she's only 3 hours from Maine, but that three hours would kill me at the end of that stretch. Kristen needs to get some good quality time with Zephyr too. By the way, Kristen's going to be staying in Worcester for the summer, working on one of her engineering projects and taking classes.
Anyway, I'm going to miss Starkville. I'm looking forward to new things too though. Who knows what happens next. I just hope I enjoy it. I'll try to post again when I get up there, but it may be a while, so sit tight.
So long Mississippi, until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willmo
Drive Carefully. I will sincerely miss your blogs from mississippi. You have a place to stay here if you need it. Either the boat or the digs in Okanogan.
Best of luck for the summer.
The old man