Tuesday, September 13

Puppy dog number two... for now...

So, took our normal walk with the puppy on Saturday (like we do every day). On the way back, we come across a dog crossing the road a ways ahead. We didn't want him to be wandering in the road, so we called him over to us. Turns out he had no tags, was ridiculously skinny (ribs and backbone clearly visible), and there was no owner in sight. We hung around the area for quite a while hoping his owner would show up, but none did. We were near the tennis courts and I found a tennis ball. I threw it for him, but he just sat there. Then I told him to go get it, and he sprinted after it, and brought it back and laid it at my feet. Aparently, he's been trained to retrieve.
Anyway, he's a yellow lab. Pretty young by the looks of his teeth. He's very muscular (though might look so because he's so skinny). Not neutered, yet. We took him home and fed him and all that stuff. For now, we're calling him Sam. He and Zephyr are having a blast together, playing non stop. We went out to a catfish pond on SouthFarm on Sunday, and he sure did have fun swimming around in that.
So, we'll be taking care of him for a while. The Shelter is full at the moment, so we may be taking care of him for a while. We'll put an ad in the paper as soon as one of us gets a chance...
Here's a few pics I took of him last night...


Warp speed puppies...

Big dummy.

Cutie-pa-tootie.

Mortal Combat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a bit older than you might think. Going to get him vaccinated, wormed. Make sure both dogs are square with respect to heartworm. Did you get Teals photos from Baranof.
Been training I now weigh 190, been benching 250 or so, curls are at 90 lbs. Finished two triathons and 2 endurance races over the last couple o month. Have taken up a ancient and mystical martial art. Finished my first novel. It is being made into a movie, Will star Russel Crow who plays me. We now have a mini cooper S,

Will Waterstrat said...

Yeah, Sam's got worms in his poop, like Jim had. What kind are those? We're going to take him to the vet whether we keep him or not. Zephyr is on the heart worm meds.
Nope, didn't get photos from Teal, could you send those along?
That's a pretty quick leap in fitness there ol' man. I'm down a lot too, but benching 475 right now (hurt my arm the other day, so I can't max out as high). Curling 150 or so, each arm. Oddly enough, I just finished a one-on-one Tour de France rematch with Lance (that one-ball texan) and smoked him. Also did a few Ironmans for fun. Walked from coast to coast this morning, uphill, both ways of course. There were lots of rattle snakes and scorpions as well. And I was buck ass naked.
Speaking of martial arts, I've recently won tournaments in Akiado, Jujitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, and Susake Ping Pong Hwong. Just a new hobby of mine. My martial arts alias is "Lo-Hung Wang".
Anywho, Mini Coopers are for girls and sissies. You should get one. Real men drive Subaru's. Speaking of that, I saw an '06 STI the other day. Such cool cars. I've also come to terms with my feet being too big for me to do the fancy heel-toe footwork whilst downshifting. That or the pedals are too close together. Oh well.
Send me those pics if you get a chance.