Sunday, September 4

turtles and minnows and a gecko, oh my!


(The softies in a bowl while I clean the tank)

Dang. Stopped by "the ditch" this morning just to see how the turtles were doing, and I caught two more softies. So now I'm up to six of them. I'm going to have to put most of them back pretty soon, since 6 turtles (even little ones) in a 10-gallon aquarium is a bit crowded. Anywho, I'm walking up the stairs of the geology building, and something scurrying around catches my eye. I figured it was a roach or something, but it was the wrong color. I look down, and it's a tiny gecko! What the heck is a gecko doing in the geology building?! So scooped it up too. Not sure what I'm going to do with the little bugger just yet (he's <1" long). Maybe I should have been a herpatologist.
Kristen is doing well so far with classes, though we still haven't had a FULL week, since labs got cancelled last week due to hurricane, and we had Tuesday off. We have Monday off as well (for Labor Day). I'm sure she'll be able to do it, but I sure hope she doesn't get even crazier... :)
Still don't know where I'll be doing my thesis, though it seems down to Guam somewhere or Bahamas somewhere. I'd rather do Guam, so Kristen could come along and take classes at the University of Guam. Either way, it looks like I'll have another grad student working with me, since Mylroie doesn't like to send people off exploring uncharted caves alone. I wonder why...
I'll keep you all posted.
How are all of you that read this?

No comments: