Monday, September 4

Christmas?

Well, I've sorta got a dilema.
I really want to go to Washington this Christmas, but I've got a free trip to the Bahamas I could go on also. And this will most likely be my last free trip, so it'd kinda suck to pass it up. But, it is to San Salvador (for the third time) and for 10 days or so again. I could probably collect some more data and have a good time as well.
But like I said, I really want to go out west. Break is shorter this year, down to 4 weeks instead of five, so it'd be really hard to do both, especially if I drive up there. If I do go, I was thinking of all sorts of fun things we could do... multi-day sailing trip, hike Shi Shi beach or whatever it's called, maybe go to Lasqueti, skiing, etc.
So I don't know... I really don't know what I'm going to do. If there wasn't a free trip to the Bahamas involved, I'd be there. But the Bahamas are awesome that time of year, and it'd be the last time I'd get to go. And, I'd be able to do my own thing without a constant Mylroie prescence, since he'll be teaching his course...
What do you guys think?
By the way, my camera is still being repaired. Sorry for the lack of pictures lately. I miss taking them as well.
Oh yeah, went mountain bike yesterday for 2 hours or so. On actual trails! Not southfarm. There's a nice trail system in Tombigbee National Forest about half an hour south on Hwy. 25 that Mike and other people built the years we've been gone. There's about 26 miles of trails total. This was only the second time I've had a chance to ride them. Lots of fun, even though it was like Shelob's lair with all the spiderwebs...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd go to the Bahamas. Northwest vacation things will always be here. Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm with mom.

But I did some sweet kayaking in South Sound and there are a couple nice Islands within a couple hours of the marina if you want to do some yaking out her. I have an extra Mtn Bike if you want to roll some trails around here, and an extra car if you want to steal it and go exploring the old NW huants or BC.
You hear about the Crocodile Hunter?
Crikey!!!!

Drink a toast to Steve Irwin if you haven't already.
Teal

Will Waterstrat said...

I'll pour a 40 on the sidewalk for Steve.