Saturday, September 23

Tandem

Yo Ford,
got the old camera out of retirement and took some pictures of that tandem. Mike says he'll sell it for $800. It's really quite nice. Old (but new condition) XT brakes (cantilever), hubs, derailleurs, headset (threaded). Ultegra/Dura Ace 8spd (I think) bar end shifters, not sure on the cranks, but nice Shimano, road triple. Dia-Compe brake levers, stoker hoods. Avocet O2 saddle up front, Selle Italia Turbo in the back...
I hopped on it for a sec and the front position felt alright, besides the fact that the hoods from the stoker bar hit me in the back of the thigh. You'd probably need a longer stoker stem anyway, which would probably solve that problem, especially if you used a flat bar instead of drops. Didn't try the rear, but it's not much shorter vertically, but quite a bit shorter horizontally. Anywho, one of these days I'll try to get Kristen on the back of it and see how she fits.
On to the pictures...

Out behind the shop, 21" Salsa MTB for scale. First pics you guys have seen of my new MTB!

Cockpits...

Front view, note the shifters on my bike. :)

Rear end. Braze-ons for racks and fenders, front and back.

Frame is steel, nicely welded. Whatever the tube is called that connects the two BB's is massive and ovalized. Must be stiff in a good way. I haven't put it on the stand or worked on it, but everything seems in really nice condition. I'm pretty sure Mike/John only rode it a handful of times. I'd definitely put some bigger tires on it, I think these are 700x23. It's got clearance for pretty big tires...
What do you all think of my bike back there? Once I get my camera back, I'll take some better pictures. IF I ever get it back...

No comments: