Monday, October 2

Things

Well, fall break hasn't turned out to be much of a break. Kinda like any normal weekend, minus the classes. But I guess it's been good to catch up on things a bit. I've got to go into work this afternoon, but maybe not for long. It'd be nice to go for a nice long ride. Tried to yesterday, but just felt like crappy. So instead, I sat in the shade of a big oak tree and watched the puffy clouds go by... and thought about life. I'm going to try to be less of a grump. And I'm going to try to be better at everything I do. I've sort of slumped into just doing whatever it takes to get by, and that's not good enough. I'm not doing my best. I need to work on that...
The camera should be coming back soon. It was supposedly shipped on the 27th or 28th, so I should have it soon. I sure hope so.
Caught a tiny little snapping turtle the other day. I'll keep him for a little while then let him go. Sure is a cool looking turtle though. His shell is about 1.5" long, but he's got all the menacing features of a full grown one. Spiky shell, long tail, ugly face. Cute little buggar.
I've decided I'm going to quit spending so much money on bikes and save up for a computer. It's not that I'm always buying things for my bikes that I just want. I tend to just get stuff when I need it, which happens to be quite a lot. There sure are a lot of things I want in terms of bikes... oh man. But yeah, I figure I ought to save up and get a laptop. Once I'm done here I'll be computerless. So we'll see how that goes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save yer pennies
OceanPlanet - History making yacht.

Proven, durable, and innovative solo ocean racer with two successful circumnavigations. Has yet to reach full potential. In excellent condition, with extensive equipment list and 40' container. Ready to race across an ocean or around the world again with only moderate preparation and some new sails! Also great for crewed ocean or coastal racing - Transpac, PacCup, Bermuda, etc. First and only U.S. Open 60 to complete the Vendee Globe Race - Solo, nonstop, around the world, with no assistance. Photo | 1 | 2 |

Will Waterstrat said...

Yeah, that's been for sale for a while now. Being down here has kind of curbed my enthusiasm about sailing for now. Not much water around...
Did you see that Derek Hatfield (canadian dude) got a brand new Open60 built for him? He kicked ass in the "around alone" several years ago, in a 40-footer. I think he'll do quite well in a 60. We'll see...